Self esteem is defined as a feeling or sense of self worth - self respect and confidence in your abilities. This feeling can come from doing a number of different things. Most times it happens when you achieve something you work for or you set a goal and you've accomplished it through hard work and persistence.
When you feel like everything is going wrong or you aren't achieving what you set out to do, this can cause your self esteem to be really low. Low self esteem can lead to depression and health issues, so it's not worth it in the long run. To get the boost you need so you can continue on and reach your goals you need to follow the five tips below.
1. Stop comparing yourself with other people. Everyone is unique and has different values and strengths. Comparing yourself to someone who is nothing like you is accepting defeat from the start.
2. Stop putting yourself down. Separate your thoughts from you. When you start down the path of negativity look at your thoughts and ask yourself if they are real.
3. Hangout with positive people. Positivity rubs off plus it isn't heavy unlike negativity which drags you down. The human brain is highly adaptable and can easily turn positive as long as the environment is right
4. Make a list of your values. Review this list often and foster those values. Start focusing on your positive traits and you'll stand a much better chance of achieving what you wish to achieve.
5. Pump oxygen to your brain because it needs it. Incorporate 15 to 20 minutes of medium intensity cardio vascular into your daily routine. You boost your immune and lymphatic system and a sure way to boost your self esteem.
There are so many different things that can cause you to have low self esteem. You may find it's hard to figure it out, but once you do you need to find ways to prevent it from happening again.
Do what you can to keep that self esteem as high as you can. When you do you'll reach success almost every single time you set out to do something. Try to find ways to incorporate these five tips so you have the ability to it high all the time.
Get your a free copy of Polishing The Diamond Within - A Guide To Self Confidence
Bruno LoGreco Life Coach Toronto, Mentor & Author